How can exposure to benzene affect my health?

Exposure to benzene can result in headache, dizziness, a fast heart rate, tremors, drowsiness, and confusion. Benzene can affect the bone marrow by decreasing red blood cells (anemia) or by decreasing platelets, which causes excessive bleeding. Exposure to benzene of a long duration is known to cause leukemia and other cancers of the blood-forming organs in humans.

Continue Learning about Chemical Toxins

Surprising Facts About Phthalates
Surprising Facts About Phthalates
In 1973, The Kinks released their song “Plastic Man” which had the lyrics: “He eats plastic food with a plastic knife and fork… And he likes to lick h...
Why might my granite countertops be toxic?
Granite, a popular rock used to fabricate kitchen countertops, emits radon, a naturally occurring ga...
Where is benzene found?
Benzene is present at very low levels in air and water in our environment, coming mainly from petrol...
How Can I Limit Formaldehyde Exposure in My Home?