What cleaning products should not be mixed together?

Ever read the back of a bottle of cleaner? Between the multisyllabic chemicals you can't pronounce and the warnings to keep children and pets away from them, it's no wonder many people wind up in the emergency room when they ignore those warnings. One of the most dangerous mistakes you can make? Accidentally mixing ammonia (found in window cleaner) with chlorine bleach (found in all types of cleaners). The result is chlorine gas, which was an agent of chemical warfare in World War I.

Continue Learning about Chemical Toxins

Indoor Pollution: How Healthy Is Your Home?
Ahhh, home at last. Time to unwind, kick off your shoes, and take a deep breath of . . . pollution? Yep. Indoor pollution. You may be surprised to kn...
Should I avoid products with phthalates?
Eliminate products made with hormone-disrupting, diabetes-triggering phthalates. The worst offen...
How can I avoid exposure to dioxins?
Environmental Working Group (EWG)Environmental Working Group (EWG)
It's pretty difficult to avoid exposure to dioxins since the ongoing industrial release of dioxin ha...
How Can I Limit Formaldehyde Exposure in My Home?