What type of flexibility is needed for a back handspring?

In order to do a back handspring, you will need adequate amounts of flexibility in your hips.In order to improve your flexibility here, you should incorporate two types of flexibility training.The first type is called foam rolling and it is a gentle form of self massage where you roll back and forth on a roller until you find a sensitive area (known as a knot).Once you are able to locate a knot in your muscles, you will then hold the pressure in the one area for 20 to 30 seconds,This helps the muscle to relax, making it better able to lengthen when you add in your static stretching.Static stretching involves moving into a stretch and holding it for 20 – 30 seconds.In order to perform a static stretch on your hips, you will want to get down and kneel on one knee with your other leg bent and in frontof you.Gently lean forward, keeping your hips straight - do not bend at the waist!You should feel the tightness in the front of your hip.

Continue Learning about Cheerleading

What type of flexibility do I need to do in order to do a scorpion?
When trying to establish good levels of flexibility to perform a scorpion, you should incorporate ...
Will a cardio program provide leg strength and conditioning for cheer?
Strong legs are important in all aspects of cheerleading. Squats, lunges, and calf raises are comm...
Should I be doing additional workouts if a competition is coming up?
If a competition is coming up relatively quickly, you should still be doing workouts in addition to ...
What type of flexibility training should I do to prepare for tryouts?
In preparation for cheerleading tryouts, you should work to establish optimal levels of flexibil...