What will limit me from being a flyer in tosses?

Assuming you are of ideal height and weight, other limiting factors that may prevent you from being a flyer include a lack of flexibility, leg power, and core power.If you want to be thrown in tosses, you will likely need to be able to perform toe touches and around the worlds.This means you will need to be able to have optimal range of motion through your hips in order to accomplish hyperextension in the flight of your throws.Generally, you will need to work on flexibility through your hamstrings and inner thighs. You will also need to develop good power in both your legs and your core.Power is defined as the ability to produce the most amount of force in the least amount of time.Leg power is necessary to be good as a flyer in tosses because you will have to use it when working with the bases to explode upward from the toss and maximize your height.Core power is necessary for the tricks that you are performing in the air.Jumps such as toe touches, layouts, and tucks all require adequate levels of core power.

Continue Learning about Cheerleading

What type of exercises do I need to do to keep my chest up on my toe touch?
 In order to keep your chest up, you will need to improve your flexibility in your hamstrings and in...
What else can I do besides stretching to make my legs straighter in jumps?
Many times your legs may bend during a jump because of tightness in the muscles in the back of t...
Should cheerleading flyers train differently that someone who is a base?
Like most sports, there are different positions or specialties in cheerleading. This will requir...
What type of core training do I need to do to be a flyer in throws?
It will be important to develop high levels of power through your core to improve your throws. H...