What should I do to get better at layouts in a basket toss?

In a layout basket toss, you are going to need to focus almost completely on power in your legs and skill development in your tumbling.Although layouts require adequate core strength, it is the power in your legs that may potentially limit your ability to complete this skill.In order to do a layout, you have to spend as much time as possible in the air and, as a flyer, your role in this process rests completely on your ability to produce the most amount of force in your legs in the least amount of time.When training for power, you will want to superset (perform one exercise immediately after another) a strength leg exercise with a power leg exercise.This will allow your brain to practice pairing strength with speed (which increases power).

Continue Learning about Cheerleading

What type of flexibility training should I do to prepare for tryouts?
In preparation for cheerleading tryouts, you should work to establish optimal levels of flexibil...
Will a cardio program provide leg strength and conditioning for cheer?
Strong legs are important in all aspects of cheerleading. Squats, lunges, and calf raises are comm...
Should I be doing additional workouts if a competition is coming up?
If a competition is coming up relatively quickly, you should still be doing workouts in addition to ...
What will limit me from being a flyer in tosses?
 Assuming you are of ideal height and weight, other limiting factors that may prevent you from being...