Should cheerleading flyers train differently that someone who is a base?

Like most sports, there are different positions or specialties in cheerleading. This will require different training routines for each teammate based on what they are needed to do during the routine. If you are the base and the main job is to support, then training for strength and muscle endurance is very important. The conditioning should include upper-body equipment to work on your strength and endurance. A flyer might need to be lighter and need to perform more dynamic movements. In this case, working on power and speed is more beneficial, and workouts should consist of short, higher-intensity exercise.  Both groups must have a good cardio base to be able to perform the routine at a high level for a long period of time, so endurance training is vital.

Continue Learning about Cheerleading

What lower body work should I do to be better in my throws as a flyer?
Increasing your power is crucial because your throw begins with power produced from your legs. T...
What type of training should I be doing in order to get ready for camp?
It is recommended that you begin your physical preparation for cheerleading tryouts 12 weeks in adva...
How can I work circuit training into my cheerleading schedule?
Circuit training is a great way to work both a cardiovascular and strength training session into...
What type of flexibility training should I do to prepare for tryouts?
In preparation for cheerleading tryouts, you should work to establish optimal levels of flexibil...