Should I do cardio training in addition to my cheer practices?

Yes, you should do cardio training in addition to your cheer practices in order to support the cardiorespiratory demands that will be placed on you during your performance.In performance, you will have high levels of intensity followed by short intervals of working rest, therefore the best type of training to do is interval based training.Your rest periods during your cardio intervals should not be at a complete rest instead, rest at a moderate intensity to better prepare your body for the demands it will encounter in competition and performance.

Continue Learning about Cheerleading

Do I need to improve my power to do my jumps better?
Yes, you will need power to improve your jumps. However, you will also need stability and strength...
What type of exercises do I need to do to keep my chest up on my toe touch?
 In order to keep your chest up, you will need to improve your flexibility in your hamstrings and in...
What balance exercises should I do to improve single leg lifts as a flyer?
As a flyer in single leg lifts, you will need to work on better developing your balance in order...
What should cheerleaders do during pre-season training?
The goal of pre-season cardiovascular training for cheerleading is to build a good aerobic base....