What is a cesarean wound infection?

The symptoms of a cesarean section (C-section) wound infection are redness around the incision, swelling underneath the incision, increasing pain around the incision and foul-smelling discharge coming out of the incision. If you have any of these symptoms, call your doctor. Your doctor will most likely prescribe you some oral antibiotics that will take care of the infection without any further issues.

Continue Learning about Cesarean Delivery (C-Section) & Pregnancy

Do I need a C-section if I have a breech birth?
Dr. Louise E. Sivak, MDDr. Louise E. Sivak, MD
Not in all cases. Some OB doctors, depending on the mother's pregnancy and previous delivery histori...
What is caesarean birth?
Riverside Women's HealthRiverside Women's Health
Cesarean delivery, also called c-section, is surgery to deliver a baby. The baby is taken out throug...
What is the approximate percentage of caesarean births in the U.S.?
Linda S. Katz, MDLinda S. Katz, MD
The national average for caesarean section births is about 25-30% of all deliveries. In this video, ...
If I've Had a C-Section, Will I Need One for My Next Pregnancy?