If you have been diagnosed with cervical cancer the first doctor that you need to see is a gynecologic oncologist. These are specially trained doctors with expertise in gynecologic cancers, like cervical cancer, and they also have additional training in advanced surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. The first question that your gynecologic oncologist will determine is what stage cancer you have and find out your desires for future fertility. Depending on the stage of cancer and your wish for future pregnancy then a treatment plan can be made.
- Q How does surgery affect women with cervical cancer?
- Q What are common treatments for cervical cancer?
- Q What are the risks of removing only the cervix with cervical cancer?
- Q How is cervical cancer treated?
- Q What is chemotherapy for cervical cancer?
- Q How does cervical cancer treatment affect fertility?