How do I manage cerebral palsy on a daily basis?

One major frustration of cerebral palsy is difficulty controlling muscles for everyday tasks, such as speech and walking. Someone with cerebral palsy may need therapy to improve these tasks. Seizures associated with cerebral palsy can be controlled with medication. Medication can also help relieve muscle stiffness and pain, so speak with your doctor about the best options for you.

Continue Learning about Cerebral Palsy

What is cerebral palsy?
Cerebral palsy, which affects about one in every five hundred newborns, is caused by some kind o...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with cerebral palsy?
Someone with cerebral palsy needs to learn to be as independent as possible. If you are caring for s...
Are there different kinds of cerebral palsy?
Cerebral palsy is a term that refers to symptoms caused by several similar disorders. All types of c...
Is cerebral palsy serious?
The severity of cerebral palsy can vary greatly. Some children may merely find the condition to caus...