How is central sleep apnea diagnosed?

Central sleep apnea can be diagnosed by a doctor. Your doctor might examine you and ask you questions. Your doctor might send you to a sleep lab for a polysomnography test to look at your heart, lungs, brain, limb movements, and breathing as you sleep. They might also test the amount of oxygen and carbon dioxide in your blood. At a sleep lab, you are monitored as you sleep, and a doctor interprets the test results.

Continue Learning about Central Sleep Apnea

What causes central sleep apnea?
With central sleep apnea, there is a communication problem between the brain stem and the respirator...
What are the symptoms of central sleep apnea?
Central sleep apnea can have different symptoms. Your breath might be shallow, or it might stop ...
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
Should I Be Worried About My Snoring?
What Is Central Sleep Apnea?
What Is Central Sleep Apnea?