What are supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal CNS embryonal tumors?

Supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumors are a group of cancers that share certain genetic and biochemical features. Some of these cancers develop in the brain and central nervous system, while others develop in the limbs, pelvis, and chest wall. Supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumors are one of the six types of CNS embryonal tumors. They grow quickly and form in the cerebrum, which is at the top of the head. The cerebrum is the largest part of the brain and affects learning skills, speech, reading, writing, and thinking.

Continue Learning about Central Nervous System Embryonal Tumors

Are central nervous system embryonal tumors serious?
Central nervous system (CNS) embryonal tumors can be serious, depending on whether they are benign o...
What are medulloblastoma CNS embryonal tumors?
There are six types of central nervous system embryonal tumors. Medulloblastoma is a malignant brain...
Should I talk to my doctor about central nervous system embryonal tumors?
If your child is experiencing symptoms commonly related to central nervous system embryonal tumors, ...
What are pineal parenchymal CNS embryonal tumors?
Pineal parenchymal tumors are one of six types of central nervous system embryonal tumors. These tum...