What are medulloblastoma CNS embryonal tumors?

There are six types of central nervous system embryonal tumors. Medulloblastoma is a malignant brain tumor that originates in the lower part of the brain. This type of tumor can spread to other parts of the body, including the spine, lungs, lymph nodes, or bone. Treatment depends on the stage of cancer and age of the child. It involves drugs, surgery, radiation therapy, or a combination of all three treatments.

Continue Learning about Central Nervous System Embryonal Tumors

What are medulloepithelioma CNS embryonal tumors?
Medulloepitheliomas are one of the six types of central nervous system embryonal tumors. These tumor...
Should I talk to my doctor about central nervous system embryonal tumors?
If your child is experiencing symptoms commonly related to central nervous system embryonal tumors, ...
What are central nervous system embryonal tumors?
Central nervous system (CNS) embryonal tumors are tumors that form in the brain cells during fetal d...
What are pineoblastoma central nervous system embryonal tumors?
Pineoblastomas are brain tumors that develop in or around the pineal gland, an organ near the middle...