Ketamine is administered by a medical professional before surgery. It is injected into a vein or muscle. Ketamine is used as an anesthetic before surgical procedures that do not require muscle relaxation. Your breathing, heart rate and blood pressure will be monitored.
- Q Who should not be administered ketamine?
- Q How soon does ketamine take effect?
- Q What is ketamine HCl?
- Q What research has been done to assess the safety of ketamine for children?
- Q Is there a generic version of ketamine?
- Q Are there any risks in taking ketamine HCl?