Since the anesthetic effects of ketamine are short-lived, ketamine may be injected multiple times during a surgical procedure. The primary symptom of an overdose is difficulty breathing. Medical professionals monitor patients under the effects of ketamine, so overdosing is unlikely to occur.
- Q Is there a generic version of ketamine?
- Q Is ketamine subject to abuse?
- Q Who should not be administered ketamine?
- Q What are the side effects of ketamine HCl?
- Q What should I avoid before being administered ketamine?
- Q Who should not take ketamine HCl?