Since the anesthetic effects of ketamine are short-lived, ketamine may be injected multiple times during a surgical procedure. The primary symptom of an overdose is difficulty breathing. Medical professionals monitor patients under the effects of ketamine, so overdosing is unlikely to occur.
- Q What research has been done to assess the safety of ketamine for children?
- Q How soon does ketamine take effect?
- Q Is there a generic version of ketamine?
- Q How is ketamine stored?
- Q How is ketamine given?
- Q What animal studies have been done to test the effects of ketamine?