If you have symptoms of cellulitis (redness, swelling, heat, and soreness in a limited area), you should speak to your doctor right away so that you can get antibiotics to treat the infection. You should take all of the antibiotics that the doctor prescribes, even if you are feeling better after a few days. After the infection has been cleared, make sure that you keep all cuts on your skin clean and covered so that you will not get cellulitis again.
- Q How do other illnesses affect secondary bacterial infections?
- Q Where are Cronobacter bacteria found?
- Q What is cellulitis?
- Q How does tracheitis affect the body?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with typhus?
- Q How is actinomycosis diagnosed?