If you have symptoms of cellulitis (redness, swelling, heat, and soreness in a limited area), you should speak to your doctor right away so that you can get antibiotics to treat the infection. You should take all of the antibiotics that the doctor prescribes, even if you are feeling better after a few days. After the infection has been cleared, make sure that you keep all cuts on your skin clean and covered so that you will not get cellulitis again.
- Q When should I call the doctor about my child’s cellulitis?
- Q What are some possible complications of tracheitis?
- Q Where are Cronobacter bacteria found?
- Q Should I be worried about getting cholera?
- Q What are bacterial infections?
- Q Does tracheitis affect children differently than adults?