How do I manage my cellulitis on a daily basis?

If you have symptoms of cellulitis (redness, swelling, heat, and soreness in a limited area), you should speak to your doctor right away so that you can get antibiotics to treat the infection. You should take all of the antibiotics that the doctor prescribes, even if you are feeling better after a few days. After the infection has been cleared, make sure that you keep all cuts on your skin clean and covered so that you will not get cellulitis again.

Continue Learning about Cellulitis

Cellulitis

Cellulitis

Cellulitis is word used to describe a spreading, bacterial skin infection anywhere on the body, and usually results from germs or bacteria entering the skin from a cut, scrape, animal or insect bite. Symptoms for cellulitis includ...

e redness on or around the infected area, tenderness, increased warmth over the area, swelling, fever, muscle aches or chills. You can prevent cellulitis by making sure all cuts and scrapes are kept clean, and covered and treated with antibiotic creams.