Can I drink alcohol if I have celiac disease?

Michael Albertson, MD
Gastroenterology
If you have celiac disease, it is okay to drink red wine and white wine. However, beer may be a problem. You can get wheat-free beer, but you should avoid all kinds of wheat beer and wheat ales. If you want to drink vodka, make sure it's potato vodka.

Continue Learning about Celiac Disease

Irritable Bowels: Could Gluten Be to Blame?
The most common diagnosis for people who suffer from unexplained and chronic diarrhea and constipation is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), but many peo...
What is the difference between celiac disease and gluten intolerance?
Robynne K. Chutkan, MDRobynne K. Chutkan, MD
Most of us don't have celiac disease, but many of us have gluten intolerance, which means your body ...
What are the symptoms of celiac disease in children?
Celiac Disease FoundationCeliac Disease Foundation
Celiac disease can be difficult to diagnose in children as well as adults because it affects people ...
How Is Celiac Disease Treated?
How Is Celiac Disease Treated?