How successful is treatment for celiac disease?

Treatment of celiac disease can be very successful if you follow a strict gluten-free diet. Once you no longer consume gluten your immune system will stop producing the antibodies that are attacking your intestinal wall and your body should once again be able to absorb vital nutrients again. If you are unable to follow a strict gluten-free diet, then your body will continue to be malnourished and be susceptible to other conditions like osteoporosis, anemia, and nerve damage.

Continue Learning about Celiac Disease Treatment

How do medications treat celiac disease?
Medications are rarely used to treat celiac disease. In cases where a strict gluten-free diet do...
Can I improve my digestive health by eating a gluten-free diet?
Most people do not need a gluten-free diet for healthy digestion. Digestive health is the ability to...
What Is Celiac Disease?
What Is Celiac Disease?
How Is Celiac Disease Treated?
How Is Celiac Disease Treated?