Are protozoan infections life-threatening?

Protozoan infections can be life-threatening, especially to children. Unless proper treatment is given, the single-celled parasites that cause the condition will continue to live in the body. Unchecked, these parasites can damage major organs, disrupt the body's normal functioning, and eventually be fatal.

Continue Learning about Causes Of Parasitic Infections

What are my chances of developing a parasitic infection?
Your chances of developing a parasitic infection depend greatly on your level of exposure to parasit...
How long do parasitic infections last?
Parasitic infections generally last until the parasites are killed or the host dies. Parasites will ...
What Can Increase My Risk for Parasitic Infections?
What Increases My Risk for Parasitic Infections?