Can insect bites cause parasitic infections?

Insect bites are a common cause of parasitic infections. The bite of infected mosquitoes and certain types of flies can cause the condition by injecting parasites into the skin. When insects introduce a parasite into a person's body, they are referred to as the vector. Malaria, heartworm, and African sleeping sickness are examples of parasitic infections that are caused by insect bites.

Continue Learning about Causes Of Parasitic Infections

Can parasitic infections lead to complications?
Parasitic infections can lead to a wide range of complications including jaundice and bacterial infe...
What causes parasitic skin infections?
Most parasitic skin infections are caused by worms and insects. The female parasites dig into the sk...
What Can Increase My Risk for Parasitic Infections?
What Increases My Risk for Parasitic Infections?