People should start having an eye doctor check them for cataracts around the time they reach age 40. That's when cataracts start to develop in many people, though you may not find them annoying enough to require surgery for many more years. However, anytime your vision seems impaired or cloudy, check with the eye doctor right away.
- Q What vision problems can be corrected at the same time as my cataract?
- Q Are cataracts serious?
- Q What is gutatta of the eyes?
- Q Will cataracts go away?
- Q What lens implant is best if I have cataracts and macular degeneration?
- Q What are the types of cataracts?