Although uncommon, a slight leak in the incision may occur, creating a greater risk for infection inside the eye. The doctor may apply a contact lens or a pressure bandage over the eye to promote healing. In rare cases, the wound has to be reclosed with a stitch.
- Q What are possible complications from cataract surgery?
- Q Should I consider cataract surgery?
- Q How are cataracts treated?
- Q How much will cataract surgery improve my vision?
- Q What medications can increase the risk of cataract surgery complications?
- Q What should I expect during cataract surgery?