Although uncommon, a slight leak in the incision may occur, creating a greater risk for infection inside the eye. The doctor may apply a contact lens or a pressure bandage over the eye to promote healing. In rare cases, the wound has to be reclosed with a stitch.
- Q Do patients need to wear glasses after cataract surgery?
- Q How are cataracts treated?
- Q What happens during a cataract surgery?
- Q Can I return to my optometrist after healing from cataract surgery?
- Q Can problems develop after a cataract surgery?
- Q When will my vision be normal again after a cataract surgery?