Although uncommon, a slight leak in the incision may occur, creating a greater risk for infection inside the eye. The doctor may apply a contact lens or a pressure bandage over the eye to promote healing. In rare cases, the wound has to be reclosed with a stitch.
- Q Which lenses are best for implants during cataract surgery?
- Q When should I stop wearing rigid contacts before cataract surgery?
- Q Who is a good candidate for monovision cataract surgery?
- Q Can I return to my optometrist after healing from cataract surgery?
- Q What complications of cataract surgery can come from pseudoexfoliation?
- Q Should I wait for my chemo to end before cataract surgery?