Although uncommon, a slight leak in the incision may occur, creating a greater risk for infection inside the eye. The doctor may apply a contact lens or a pressure bandage over the eye to promote healing. In rare cases, the wound has to be reclosed with a stitch.
- Q Can problems develop after a cataract surgery?
- Q Is it safe to have cataract surgery while taking the chemo drug Avastin IV?
- Q Should I wait for my chemo to end before cataract surgery?
- Q How do medications treat cataracts?
- Q Can I have cataract surgery if I have other health problems?
- Q Can I have cataract surgery if I had surgery for a detached retina?