Although uncommon, a slight leak in the incision may occur, creating a greater risk for infection inside the eye. The doctor may apply a contact lens or a pressure bandage over the eye to promote healing. In rare cases, the wound has to be reclosed with a stitch.
- Q Should I wait for cataracts to develop fully before surgery?
- Q Can I have cataract surgery if I had surgery for a detached retina?
- Q How do alpha blockers like Flomax affect cataract surgery?
- Q How is an intraocular lens implanted during cataract surgery kept in place?
- Q What is the risk of bleeding during and after cataract surgery?
- Q Does a cataract have to be ‘ripe’ before it is removed?