Although uncommon, a slight leak in the incision may occur, creating a greater risk for infection inside the eye. The doctor may apply a contact lens or a pressure bandage over the eye to promote healing. In rare cases, the wound has to be reclosed with a stitch.
- Q Can I have cataract surgery if I had Bell's palsy?
- Q Why might pronounced astigmatism develop after cataract surgery?
- Q Can I be allergic to the lenses implanted in cataract surgery?
- Q Can Lasik surgery remove cataracts?
- Q Which lenses are best for implants during cataract surgery?
- Q How should I care for my eyes at home after cataract surgery?