Although uncommon, a slight leak in the incision may occur, creating a greater risk for infection inside the eye. The doctor may apply a contact lens or a pressure bandage over the eye to promote healing. In rare cases, the wound has to be reclosed with a stitch.
- Q Is dry eye a problem if I am going to have cataract surgery?
- Q How soon will my vision improve after cataract surgery?
- Q What are the benefits of premium intraocular lenses (IOLs) for cataracts?
- Q How is surgery used to treat cataracts?
- Q Can poor vision after cataract surgery be corrected?
- Q How effective is cataract surgery?