Although uncommon, a slight leak in the incision may occur, creating a greater risk for infection inside the eye. The doctor may apply a contact lens or a pressure bandage over the eye to promote healing. In rare cases, the wound has to be reclosed with a stitch.
- Q What happens after a cataract surgery?
- Q How is an intraocular lens implanted during cataract surgery kept in place?
- Q What is extracapsular cataract surgery?
- Q How can I lower risks of cataract surgery on highly myopic eyes?
- Q How do medications treat cataracts?
- Q Is dry eye a problem if I am going to have cataract surgery?