Not at all unusual. If it is very blood red, this is usually due to bleeding on the surface of the eye and is not serious. The blood takes over a week to gradually absorb. It is diffusely red, like irritation from a swimming pool, it is due to normal inflammation following the surgery and gradually clears with the postoperative eye drops.
- Q How do I care for someone with cataracts?
- Q Are dark eyes more sensitive to light after cataract surgery?
- Q Why do I see shimmering around lights after cataract surgery?
- Q Are red-eye eye drops safe after cataract surgery?
- Q Is eye inflammation normal a month after cataract surgery?
- Q Can I get another cataract in the same eye after I had one removed?