Not at all unusual. If it is very blood red, this is usually due to bleeding on the surface of the eye and is not serious. The blood takes over a week to gradually absorb. It is diffusely red, like irritation from a swimming pool, it is due to normal inflammation following the surgery and gradually clears with the postoperative eye drops.
- Q Are red-eye eye drops safe after cataract surgery?
- Q How long will it take me to recover after cataract surgery?
- Q Why do I see shimmering around lights after cataract surgery?
- Q How do I manage my cataract on a daily basis?
- Q Are dark eyes more sensitive to light after cataract surgery?
- Q What are the dietary recommendations for someone with cataracts?