Not at all unusual. If it is very blood red, this is usually due to bleeding on the surface of the eye and is not serious. The blood takes over a week to gradually absorb. It is diffusely red, like irritation from a swimming pool, it is due to normal inflammation following the surgery and gradually clears with the postoperative eye drops.
- Q Is eye inflammation normal a month after cataract surgery?
- Q What activities should I avoid after cataract surgery?
- Q Is there any way to improve my vision when I have cataracts?
- Q Can I have LASIK surgery after having cataract surgery in both eyes?
- Q How can cataracts affect my vision?
- Q Is it possible to replace lenses implanted during cataract surgery?