Cataract surgery improves vision in 95 percent of patients. Of the patients who receive intraocular lens (IOL) replacements, 90 percent end up with 20/40 vision or better, so some people see better than when they started. Most patients will require eyeglasses to read after cataract surgery when the traditional intraocular lens is implanted.
- Q Should I wait for my chemo to end before cataract surgery?
- Q Should I wait for cataracts to develop fully before surgery?
- Q What do I need to know about cataract surgery?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for cataracts?
- Q What happens after a cataract surgery?
- Q How soon will my vision improve after cataract surgery?