Cataract surgery improves vision in 95 percent of patients. Of the patients who receive intraocular lens (IOL) replacements, 90 percent end up with 20/40 vision or better, so some people see better than when they started. Most patients will require eyeglasses to read after cataract surgery when the traditional intraocular lens is implanted.
- Q How do alpha blockers like Flomax affect cataract surgery?
- Q Can I have cataract surgery if I had surgery for a detached retina?
- Q Can cataract surgery be done on both eyes at the same time?
- Q When is cataract surgery not recommended?
- Q What should I expect before cataract surgery?
- Q Can Lasik surgery remove cataracts?