Cataract surgery improves vision in 95 percent of patients. Of the patients who receive intraocular lens (IOL) replacements, 90 percent end up with 20/40 vision or better, so some people see better than when they started. Most patients will require eyeglasses to read after cataract surgery when the traditional intraocular lens is implanted.
- Q What is extracapsular cataract surgery?
- Q Is a laser used during cataract surgery?
- Q Can I have cataract surgery if I have other health problems?
- Q What medications can increase the risk of cataract surgery complications?
- Q What happens during a cataract surgery?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for cataracts?