Cataract surgery improves vision in 95 percent of patients. Of the patients who receive intraocular lens (IOL) replacements, 90 percent end up with 20/40 vision or better, so some people see better than when they started. Most patients will require eyeglasses to read after cataract surgery when the traditional intraocular lens is implanted.
- Q How soon after cataract surgery can a man have sex?
- Q Who is a good candidate for monovision cataract surgery?
- Q Can I have cataract surgery if I can't lie flat?
- Q How is surgery used to treat cataracts?
- Q Is there any danger in postponing cataract surgery?
- Q How effective is cataract surgery?