Cataract surgery improves vision in 95 percent of patients. Of the patients who receive intraocular lens (IOL) replacements, 90 percent end up with 20/40 vision or better, so some people see better than when they started. Most patients will require eyeglasses to read after cataract surgery when the traditional intraocular lens is implanted.
- Q What medications can increase the risk of cataract surgery complications?
- Q What are my options for cataract surgery?
- Q Will cataract surgery improve my vision?
- Q Can Lasik surgery remove cataracts?
- Q How can I lower risks of cataract surgery on highly myopic eyes?
- Q Is there any danger in postponing cataract surgery?