Cataract surgery improves vision in 95 percent of patients. Of the patients who receive intraocular lens (IOL) replacements, 90 percent end up with 20/40 vision or better, so some people see better than when they started. Most patients will require eyeglasses to read after cataract surgery when the traditional intraocular lens is implanted.
- Q What can I expect after cataract surgery?
- Q Is it safe to have cataract surgery while taking the chemo drug Avastin IV?
- Q Why might pronounced astigmatism develop after cataract surgery?
- Q Can a cataract come back after cataract surgery?
- Q Should I wait for my chemo to end before cataract surgery?
- Q Can I undergo cataract surgery after having LASIK surgery?