It is always possible to remove them but it is usually not done unless they are causing problems in the eye such as glaucoma or inflammation leading to loss of vision. It is not recommended to remove them just to change the prescription or update to a newer model as removal runs the risk of complications and the longer the implants are in place the more difficult it can be to remove them.
- Q Can I get another cataract in the same eye after I had one removed?
- Q Why do I see shimmering around lights after cataract surgery?
- Q Are dark eyes more sensitive to light after cataract surgery?
- Q Are red-eye eye drops safe after cataract surgery?
- Q How do I manage my cataract on a daily basis?
- Q Is eye inflammation normal a month after cataract surgery?