It is always possible to remove them but it is usually not done unless they are causing problems in the eye such as glaucoma or inflammation leading to loss of vision. It is not recommended to remove them just to change the prescription or update to a newer model as removal runs the risk of complications and the longer the implants are in place the more difficult it can be to remove them.
- Q What activities should I avoid after cataract surgery?
- Q Is there any way to improve my vision when I have cataracts?
- Q What can I do if I already have lost some vision from cataract?
- Q How long will it take me to recover after cataract surgery?
- Q What are the dietary recommendations for someone with cataracts?
- Q Why do I see shimmering around lights after cataract surgery?