It is always possible to remove them but it is usually not done unless they are causing problems in the eye such as glaucoma or inflammation leading to loss of vision. It is not recommended to remove them just to change the prescription or update to a newer model as removal runs the risk of complications and the longer the implants are in place the more difficult it can be to remove them.
- Q Why do I see shimmering around lights after cataract surgery?
- Q How do I manage my cataract on a daily basis?
- Q What can I do if I already have lost some vision from cataract?
- Q How can cataracts affect my vision?
- Q How do I care for someone with cataracts?
- Q Is eye inflammation normal a month after cataract surgery?