How do I manage my cat scratch disease on a daily basis?

You can manage your cat scratch disease (CSD) on a daily basis by keeping the area of infection clean. Also, you can prevent further infection by taking your cat to a veterinarian to have it checked for fleas and the infection that causes CSD. If you or your child are suffering from swollen lymph nodes, you can use warm, moist compresses to ease some of the irritation.

Continue Learning about Cat Scratch Disease

Is there a cure for cat scratch disease?
Cat scratch disease (CSD) can be easily cured. Within 2 to 4 months the lingering symptoms of CSD wi...
What increases my risk for cat scratch disease?
Your risk for contracting cat scratch disease (CSD) increases when you live with or come into contac...
What causes cat-scratch disease?
Cat scratch disease (CSD) is caused by an infection of the bacteria Bartonella henselae which is oft...
Are children at greater risk for cat scratch disease?
Children are more often affected by cat scratch disease (CSD) than adults. It is thought that th...