How does cat scratch disease affect the body?

Once the bacteria from a cat scratch reaches the blood stream, cat scratch disease (CSD) can spread to various parts of the body. Swollen lymph nodes closest to the scratch or bite are the most noticeable symptom. Most often these are the lymph nodes in the head, neck or upper limbs. There will also be a bump in the place of the scratch. Other symptoms include rash, fever, headache and sore throat. In rare cases, individuals with CSD will develop eye, bone, spleen, lung or liver infections.

Continue Learning about Cat Scratch Disease

How do I manage my cat scratch disease on a daily basis?
You can manage your cat scratch disease (CSD) on a daily basis by keeping the area of infection clea...
How can I help prevent cat-scratch disease?
To prevent cat scratch disease, avoid stray and unfamiliar cats, and avoid rough play with pet cat...
How is cat-scratch disease diagnosed?
Cat scratch disease (CSD) is diagnosed by the presence of symptoms like swollen lymph nodes and a ma...
What are the symptoms of cat-scratch disease?
An individual with cat scratch disease (CSD) will first develop a lump or pustule at the place of th...