What do I need to know about caring for someone with cat scratch disease?

When caring for someone with cat scratch disease (CSD), remember to keep the area of their infection clean as well as monitor them for any severe symptoms. If your child has CSD, encourage them to play quietly and cautiously so as not to upset their enlarged lymph nodes. Warm compresses help to ease irritated lymph nodes as well.

Continue Learning about Cat Scratch Disease

What increases my risk for cat scratch disease?
Your risk for contracting cat scratch disease (CSD) increases when you live with or come into contac...
How is cat-scratch disease diagnosed?
Cat scratch disease (CSD) is diagnosed by the presence of symptoms like swollen lymph nodes and a ma...
How do I manage my cat scratch disease on a daily basis?
You can manage your cat scratch disease (CSD) on a daily basis by keeping the area of infection clea...
Is there a cure for cat scratch disease?
Cat scratch disease (CSD) can be easily cured. Within 2 to 4 months the lingering symptoms of CSD wi...