What are the safety concerns for people in the early stages of Alzheimer's?

In early Alzheimers, the primary safety concerns would be related to loss in short term memory and higher cognitive function, which often in one's daily life is related to their occupation and finances. Therefore, while not a physical concern, these people may have increased chance of making errors in their job or be a target for those who want to take advantage financially.

Continue Learning about Caring For Someone Who Has Alzheimer's Disease

How can I reduce my loved one's stress during an Alzheimer's evaluation?
John H. Growdon, MDJohn H. Growdon, MD
To help alleviate any stress associated with your visit with a family member to the physician, i...
What are tips for caring for someone with Alzheimer's disease?
Alzheimer's Foundation of AmericaAlzheimer's Foundation of America
If you are caring for someone with Alzheimer's disease, here are some strategies for success:   ...
What should I do if I suspect that a loved one has Alzheimer's disease?
If a person suspects that a loved one has Alzheimer's disease, she should speak to a physician. The ...
Should I correct a person with Alzheimer's disease if he's wrong?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
You can correct a person with Alzheimer's disease if he is wrong at the beginning of the condition, ...