What are the safety concerns for people in the early stages of Alzheimer's?

In early Alzheimers, the primary safety concerns would be related to loss in short term memory and higher cognitive function, which often in one's daily life is related to their occupation and finances. Therefore, while not a physical concern, these people may have increased chance of making errors in their job or be a target for those who want to take advantage financially.

Continue Learning about Caring For Someone Who Has Alzheimer's Disease

What do I need to know about caring for someone with Alzheimer's disease?
Dr. Eric PfeifferDr. Eric Pfeiffer
Here are some things to consider when caring for someone with Alzheimer's disease: Memory Loss - ...
When should I put my loved one with Alzheimer's in a care facility?
Eric PfeifferEric Pfeiffer
As the burdens of caregiving increase, you will need to face what may be one of the most agonizi...
How can I reduce my loved one's stress during an Alzheimer's evaluation?
John H. Growdon, MDJohn H. Growdon, MD
To help alleviate any stress associated with your visit with a family member to the physician, i...
What should I do if I suspect that a loved one has Alzheimer's disease?
If a person suspects that a loved one has Alzheimer's disease, she should speak to a physician. The ...