How can caregivers handle personality changes in people with Alzheimer's?

To handle personality changes in people with Alzherimer's disease, caregivers have to learn to first understand that any change of the personality is the disease, not that the person is really changing. It's a difficult adjustment caregivers have to make. Frequently, there are overall changes in the personality with people with Alzheimer's disease.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Caring For Someone Who Has Alzheimer's Disease

What do I need to know about caring for someone with Alzheimer's disease?
Dr. Eric PfeifferDr. Eric Pfeiffer
Here are some things to consider when caring for someone with Alzheimer's disease: Memory Loss - ...
Should I correct a person with Alzheimer's disease if he's wrong?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
You can correct a person with Alzheimer's disease if he is wrong at the beginning of the condition, ...
How can I reduce my loved one's stress during an Alzheimer's evaluation?
John H. Growdon, MDJohn H. Growdon, MD
To help alleviate any stress associated with your visit with a family member to the physician, i...
When should I put my loved one with Alzheimer's in a care facility?
Eric PfeifferEric Pfeiffer
As the burdens of caregiving increase, you will need to face what may be one of the most agonizi...