What special ed options exist for preschoolers with autism?

For children under age 3 years, you should contact your local early intervention services. For children over age 3, contact the child's local public elementary school. There are, of course, private preschool options for children with autism and disabilities, and the preference between public and private school is entirely up to the parents.
Some government-run preschool facilities like Head Start can and do provide additional assistance with autistic children. Parents whose children attend private preschool may have to pay out of pocket for assistance unless they are able to get their insurance to pay.

Continue Learning about Caring For Someone With ASD

How do I potty train my autistic child?
Sara WiemerSara Wiemer
Potty training can be a huge challenge for autistic children. In general it is important not to ...
How can I help the sibling of my child with autism?
Chantal Sicile-KiraChantal Sicile-Kira
Having a sibling with autism can be difficult. Make sure that the lines of communication are ope...
Sharing Care: Autism Surfs—Gatlin’s Story
Where Can Families Go to Get Financial Help for Autism Treatment?