What are good resources for parents of children with diabetes?

Dr. Jack Merendino, MD
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
Children -- especially those with type 1 diabetes -- have special needs. If your child has diabetes, you should work with his or her doctor and turn to the following resources for more help and information - the Juvenile Diabetics Research Foundation International, a leading organization in the fight against diabetes in children and adolescents; the American Diabetes Association, which offers tips and information on research; the National Diabetes Education Program, which offers information and news on diabetes research; and 487 Really Cool Tips for Kids with Diabetes and Getting a Grip on Diabetes, both by Spike Nasmyth Loy and Bo Nasmyth Loy, which will help you and your child meet the challenges of the disease.
The Best Life Guide to Managing Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes

Bob Greene has helped millions of Americans become fit and healthy with his life-changing Best Life plan. Now, for the first time, Oprah's trusted expert on diet and fitness teams up with a leading...

Continue Learning about Caring for a Child with Diabetes

Diabetes Tips for Kids, Tweens and Teens
Blood sugar control is a challenge for anyone with diabetes -- but it's particularly difficult for kids and teens who aren't experienced in meal plann...
How can I help my child manage diabetes?
Dr. Charles J. Sophy, MDDr. Charles J. Sophy, MD
The best way to establish diabetes care habits is for the habits to become a way of life. As soon as...
What should I do when mistakes in my child's diabetes care happen?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
As you and your child set out on the journey of life with diabetes, you'll find that each day is a l...
Is It Common for Kids to Feel Depressed About Their Diabetes?