What monitors and equipment will my baby need after leaving the NICU?

Some babies will need to go home from the NICU with monitors or equipment. The most commonly used home equipment is oxygen and a cardiac and apnea monitor. Before you go home, your home equipment will be provided by home health agencies.

Continue Learning about Caring For A Premature Baby

Should I give my preterm baby a pacifier?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
If you’re breastfeeding a preterm baby, don’t give your baby a pacifier during the first month of ...
What do I need to know about tummy time for NICU babies?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Once home -- when your NICU baby is awake and being watched -- give her some play time on her tummy....
How are premature babies treated?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
When it becomes evident that a mother will deliver prematurely, she often is treated with antibiotic...
What kinds of services and supports are available for premature babies?
March of DimesMarch of Dimes
Premature babies often need services that help with development and learning, including: Early in...