How can I avoid getting angry when my baby cries at night?

Trish Booth
Family Medicine
If your baby’s crying at night upsets you, avoid handling him roughly, shaking him or forcing him to lie down. It is better to place your baby in his crib on his back and walk out of the room. It is okay to let your baby cry for 15 minutes. He may fall asleep on his own during this time. Use the time to help yourself cool down and get your feelings under control. If your baby is still crying after 15 minutes and you are still upset, try to get another adult to help your baby.

Continue Learning about Caring For A Crying Baby

Is there a difference between genders when it comes to crying?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Researchers believe boys and girls cry at about the same rates until they reach adolescence. As test...
What are the most common causes of crying?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Frustration, low-level stress and watching something sad on television are the most common causes of...
What are the things to be kept in mind before my baby starts crawling?
Riverside Women's HealthRiverside Women's Health
Your baby will be crawling before you know it. Most babies begin crawling around six to nine months....
What do I do when my baby won't stop crying?
Louise E. Sivak, MDLouise E. Sivak, MD
Hello, Specifics depend on the age of your baby and what is making her/him cry. To state the obvious...