When should I consider using home healthcare?

Home health care is usually considered when you cannot live comfortably and safely without support services. It may also be appropriate if you require a specific medical skilled service such as intravenous (IV) medications or physical therapy that can be done at home instead of traveling to a medical center if this has become hard to do. This type of care may be suggested by a doctor or another member of a healthcare team. In addition to the emotional comfort that the home environment may provide, home health care is usually less expensive than care provided in a medical facility. Access to hospitals or other healthcare facilities remains available as needed.

Continue Learning about Caregiving

When Moms Become Caregivers
When Moms Become Caregivers
Nothing prepared Pat Nixon for the day in February 2011 when her husband, Stan, only 61 at the time, suffered a massive stroke. Now paralyzed on his r...
How would I utilize a Geriatric Care Manager?
Goldina EroweleGoldina Erowele
Geriatric Care Managers (GCM) are professionals who have extensive training and experience working w...
Getting the Caregiver Support You Need
Getting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You Need
How Can Caregiving Affect My Health?
How Can Caregiving Affect My Health?