What are the signs that a loved one has been defrauded but hasn't told me?

There are some signs that might indicate that your loved one has already been defrauded but is either unaware or too embarrassed to tell you.

Look for behavioral changes such as increased reticence, withdrawal, fear, confusion, depression and volatility. Also look out for changes in financial patterns such as a sudden influx of unpaid bills, purchases of items he or she really doesn’t need, frequent withdrawals (especially from an ATM) or unfamiliar signatures on checks and other financial documents. Keep an eye on new individuals who suddenly appear in his or her life. 

Continue Learning about Caregiving

Caregiver Corner: Tips When Researching Lung Cancer
When a loved one has cancer, you want to learn all that you can about the particular type of cancer, the ways it can be treated, and the everyday thin...
When should I consider using home healthcare?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Home health care is usually considered when you cannot live comfortably and safely without support s...
Getting the Caregiver Support You Need
Getting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You Need
How to Support a Loved One Who has a Mental Illness