What does the term caregiving mean?

The term "caregiving" is most often associated with elderly parents and in-laws, and about 70% of adults who require care are indeed over age 50. The rest are younger than 50 years of age and include children with special needs and adults with serious chronic or mental illnesses.

Continue Learning about Caregiving

Caring for Yourself While Caring for Someone With Depression
An estimated 17 million American adults had at least one major depressive episode in 2017, according to the National Institute of Mental Health. If yo...
As a caregiver, how might I become socially isolated?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
Caregivers frequently become isolated from family and friends as they are caring for a loved one. Li...
What is a professional healthcare chaplain?
HealthCare Chaplaincy NetworkHealthCare Chaplaincy Network
Professional, board-certified healthcare chaplains are the spiritual care specialists on the healthc...
What's the Best Thing I Can Do for a Loved One Who Has Multiple Sclerosis?