What should I consider when taking out an uninsured loan?

Uninsured loans are not insured by the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and are required to be paid back within a given time frame, usually within several years. These are useful loans if the care recipient needs some cash and expects to sell the home before or at the end of the term. Keep in mind that uninsured loans are rare and are only available in a few states. Check with a reverse mortgage specialist for more information on uninsured mortgages and to see if they are right for your loved ones.

Continue Learning about Caregiving

Know the Signs: Caregiver Burnout
Know the Signs: Caregiver Burnout
Caring for a loved one with a chronic illness can be an emotional rollercoaster to say the least. In addition to stressful hospital stays and office v...
How many young people are in nursing homes?
Anthony CirilloAnthony Cirillo
The Associated Press published an article about the number of younger people in nursing homes. While...
Getting the Caregiver Support You Need
Getting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You Need
How Can I Get Some Help for Caregiver Burnout?