What challenges do low-income caregivers face?

Minority and low-income caregivers may face special challenges. Accessing paid sources of care may be particularly difficult. In fact, lower-income caregivers are half as likely as higher-income caregivers to have paid home health care or assistance available to provide support for and relief from their caregiving functions. This is important, because the caregiving time burden is reported to fall heavily on lower-income women: 52% of women caregivers with incomes at or below the national median of $35,000 spend 20+ hours each week providing care.

Continue Learning about Caregiving

How Can I Avoid Caregiver Burnout?
How Can I Avoid Caregiver Burnout?
How Do You Prompt Difficult Conversations about End-of-Life Medical Care?
How Do You Inspire the Next Generation of Caregivers?
How to Support a Loved One Who has a Mental Illness