What are the responsibilities of an elder care mediator?

Shelley Webb
Nursing
An eldercare mediator could be a neutral 3rd party who helps with decision-making processes or help clear up misunderstandings within the family by knowing the right questions to ask. They can also provide for expression of feelings and yet, keep the family on track and help the family heal hurts, avoid blame and self-pity. Eldercare mediators can also help the family consider as many options as possible and provide for future modification of the decisions made. All discussions in the process are confidential.

Continue Learning about Caregiving

When Someone You Love Is Diagnosed With Multiple Myeloma
When your loved one is diagnosed with multiple myeloma, the focus of everyone—family, friends, doctors—is squarely on that new patient, just as it sho...
What information should I give to my child’s caregiver?
Your child spends time with grandparents, daycare providers, teachers, soccer coaches, gymnastics in...
How can I help a bedridden person sit up in bed?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Create a makeshift backrest for the person who must stay in bed and would like to sit up. First,...
What Is Hospice Care for Cancer Patients?