What do I need to know about caring for someone with joint problems?

Problem joints can be painful and difficult to move. Depending on the cause, unhealthy joints may need to be stabilized to prevent sudden movements, and daily medications may need to be given to help manage any pain. Taking warm baths or icing the joints may also provide relief from stiffness and swelling.

Continue Learning about Caregiving

A Life-Changing Decision: Caring for an Aging Parent
“Like so many caregivers, I arrived at my caregiving role accidentally,” says Shelley Webb. Webb became a full-time family caregiver when she brought...
What is caregiver burnout?
CareConsciousCareConscious
Caregiver burnout is a state of emotional, mental and physical exhaustion and stress resulting when ...
Getting the Caregiver Support You Need
Getting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You Need
How to Support a Loved One Who has a Mental Illness