What do I need to know about caring for someone with joint problems?

Dr. Jeanne Morrison, PhD

Problem joints can be painful and difficult to move. Depending on the cause, unhealthy joints may need to be stabilized to prevent sudden movements, and daily medications may need to be given to help manage any pain. Taking warm baths or icing the joints may also provide relief from stiffness and swelling.

Continue Learning about Caregiving

Getting the Caregiver Support You Need
Getting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You Need
From changes in family relationships to financial stress, to the sheer amount of work involved, caring for a loved one with a health condition is a c...
How Do You Prompt Difficult Conversations about End-of-Life Medical Care?
What's the Best Thing I Can Do for a Loved One Who Has Multiple Sclerosis?
How Can I Get Some Help for Caregiver Burnout?