How can I protect senior loved ones from home improvement scams?

Home improvement scams perpetrated against seniors are popular because they seem to work. Often, the perpetrator frightens the elder homeowner into believing that some dangerous condition must be immediately remedied, or that there is a special tax or financial incentive for having the work done right away. 

The best bet is to establish a policy where your loved one refuses all door-to-door solicitations -- phone ones, too. If the solicitor has planted a safety doubt, have your loved one call a licensed contractor for a bid.

Continue Learning about Caregiving

Know the Signs: Caregiver Burnout
Know the Signs: Caregiver Burnout
Caring for a loved one with a chronic illness can be an emotional rollercoaster to say the least. In addition to stressful hospital stays and office v...
What does the term caregiving mean?
The term "caregiving" is most often associated with elderly parents and in-laws, and about 70% o...
What does a caregiver do?
Goldina EroweleGoldina Erowele
Caregivers are typically professionals (home health aides, personal care aides, nursing assistants, ...
How Can I Get Some Help for Caregiver Burnout?