How can I deal with my emotions during my loved one's time in hospice care?

Many people are able to use the time during advanced cancer and hospice care to grow closer. Patients and caregivers may celebrate the life they have shared by talking, laughing, telling stories and being open about their feelings--perhaps as never before.

Allow yourself to express any sadness, grief and acceptance with your loved ones and others you trust. These emotions are to be expected and part of the process that both the patient and caregivers go through.

Continue Learning about Caregiving

Caring for Family Caregivers of Dementia Patients
In the 2015 film, Still Alice, Julianne Moore plays a beautiful and successful woman who’s diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s disease. The film tr...
What should I do if a loved one with dementia wants to go to church?
Alzheimer's Foundation of AmericaAlzheimer's Foundation of America
If mass is still important to your loved one with dementia, consider how they can participate. For e...
Getting the Caregiver Support You Need
Getting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You NeedGetting the Caregiver Support You Need
How Do You Inspire the Next Generation of Caregivers?