Hospice care IS end-of-life care. When someone has a life-limiting condition from cancer to heart disease, or even simple old age, hospice may be the way to go. Hospice has a team approach with nurses, social workers, spiritual counselors, aides for personal care, and trained volunteers. They are there to make sure the patient is comfortable and supported in the dying process. The focus is on quality-of-life and control for the patient, and support for the family too.
- Q Where can I receive hospice care?
- Q What kinds of palliative care are provided by hospice services?
- Q Is hospice care available in long-term care facilities?
- Q What is bereavement care offered by hospice?
- Q What are independently owned hospices?
- Q What is the purpose of family conferences offered by hospice?