Hospice care IS end-of-life care. When someone has a life-limiting condition from cancer to heart disease, or even simple old age, hospice may be the way to go. Hospice has a team approach with nurses, social workers, spiritual counselors, aides for personal care, and trained volunteers. They are there to make sure the patient is comfortable and supported in the dying process. The focus is on quality-of-life and control for the patient, and support for the family too.
- Q What is respite hospice care for caregivers of cancer patients?
- Q What symptoms may hospice care treat?
- Q How can I best communicate with my hospice care team as a cancer patient?
- Q Can I have hospice care at home if I live alone?
- Q Will I stop getting medical treatment if I'm under hospice care?
- Q Who would not benefit from hospice care?