Hospice care IS end-of-life care. When someone has a life-limiting condition from cancer to heart disease, or even simple old age, hospice may be the way to go. Hospice has a team approach with nurses, social workers, spiritual counselors, aides for personal care, and trained volunteers. They are there to make sure the patient is comfortable and supported in the dying process. The focus is on quality-of-life and control for the patient, and support for the family too.
- Q When can someone go on hospice?
- Q What is a hospice care plan?
- Q Can I get a home healthcare worker if I wish to die at home?
- Q What is bereavement care offered by hospice?
- Q What kinds of palliative care are provided by hospice services?
- Q Who qualifies for hospice care?