Hospice care IS end-of-life care. When someone has a life-limiting condition from cancer to heart disease, or even simple old age, hospice may be the way to go. Hospice has a team approach with nurses, social workers, spiritual counselors, aides for personal care, and trained volunteers. They are there to make sure the patient is comfortable and supported in the dying process. The focus is on quality-of-life and control for the patient, and support for the family too.
- Q Can I get a home healthcare worker if I wish to die at home?
- Q How can hospice staffers help manage pain and other symptoms?
- Q What information is required by Medicare for hospice?
- Q What is hospice care for the elderly?
- Q Who provides hospice care?
- Q What services might I receive when in hospice care?