Hospice care IS end-of-life care. When someone has a life-limiting condition from cancer to heart disease, or even simple old age, hospice may be the way to go. Hospice has a team approach with nurses, social workers, spiritual counselors, aides for personal care, and trained volunteers. They are there to make sure the patient is comfortable and supported in the dying process. The focus is on quality-of-life and control for the patient, and support for the family too.
- Q Where can cancer patients receive hospice care?
- Q Who qualifies for hospice care?
- Q What are common characteristics of hospice programs?
- Q What happens if a hospice charges more than Medicare will pay?
- Q Is hospice care available in long-term care facilities?
- Q Can I have hospice care at home if I live alone?