Hospice care IS end-of-life care. When someone has a life-limiting condition from cancer to heart disease, or even simple old age, hospice may be the way to go. Hospice has a team approach with nurses, social workers, spiritual counselors, aides for personal care, and trained volunteers. They are there to make sure the patient is comfortable and supported in the dying process. The focus is on quality-of-life and control for the patient, and support for the family too.
- Q What hospice services does Medicare pay for?
- Q How can hospice care staff help me manage the symptoms of advanced cancer?
- Q Will I be asked to stop hospice if I live beyond six months?
- Q What is the purpose of family conferences offered by hospice?
- Q Is hospice care available in long-term care facilities?
- Q How often do hospice care professionals visit a cancer patient at home?