Hospice care IS end-of-life care. When someone has a life-limiting condition from cancer to heart disease, or even simple old age, hospice may be the way to go. Hospice has a team approach with nurses, social workers, spiritual counselors, aides for personal care, and trained volunteers. They are there to make sure the patient is comfortable and supported in the dying process. The focus is on quality-of-life and control for the patient, and support for the family too.
- Q How can hospice care affect the emotions of cancer patients and caregivers?
- Q How can I decide if hospice is right for me?
- Q What kinds of palliative care are provided by hospice services?
- Q How can hospice staffers help manage pain and other symptoms?
- Q Where can cancer patients receive hospice care?
- Q What are independently owned hospices?