Can I get a home healthcare worker if I wish to die at home?

The types of services covered at home when you are dying will depend on your insurance. If you are in a home hospice program, a home health aide may be available to assist. If your insurance does not cover a home health aide and you and your loved ones wish to pay privately for these services, you can do so. Your social worker can usually assist in arranging these services. 

Continue Learning about Caregiving

When Moms Become Caregivers
When Moms Become Caregivers
Nothing prepared Pat Nixon for the day in February 2011 when her husband, Stan, only 61 at the time, suffered a massive stroke. Now paralyzed on his r...
What challenges do caregivers of veterans face?
Goldina EroweleGoldina Erowele
As the Veteran population ages and continues to increase, the role of caregivers as partners in supp...
How can appointing a family medical coordinator help a caregiver?
Anne FabinyAnne Fabiny
Having one person who can talk with doctors, nurses, and pharmacists is helpful to a caregiver. That...
What Is Hospice Care for Cancer Patients?