What exercises should I do to improve my heart health?

Before starting any exercise program, talk with your doctor.  Doctors recommend you combine three elements to create a heart-healthy exercise program:
Aerobic activity, such as walking, to strengthen the heart and lungs
Stretching, to increase flexibility and prevent muscle injury
Muscle strengthening.

Aerobic exercise is one of the best forms of exercise to help improve your heart health.  Walking, jogging, running, and biking will all assist in improving your heart by increasing your cardiovascular endurance which is a result of your heart being active and working efficiently. 

Be sure prior to any exercise you consult with your physician to make sure that you are cleared to exercise.  Once you have been given the clearance, go outside, enjoy the beautiful weather and have a great walk!

Continue Learning about Cardiovascular Training

Does Slow Exercise Burn More Fat?
Does Slow Exercise Burn More Fat?
You'll find it on virtually every cardio machine at the gym: instructions on how to hit your fat-burning zone. Essentially, it means you get to work o...
Is it better to do my cardio at a high intensity or low intensity?
Jay Morgan, NASM Elite TrainerJay Morgan, NASM Elite Trainer
The answer to this question is dependent on the individual - task - goal. Is the goal for wellness, ...
Is it important to use an upper-body ergometer in both directions?
The upper-body ergometer can put a lot of stress on the shoulders. When starting a new program u...
What Are the Benefits of Running?
What Are the Benefits of Running?