Will cardiovascular training diminish the muscle I built for basketball?

Yes; however, your cardio training must be specific to your sport and mimic the intensity at which you play.  Many people make the mistake of thinking all cardio programs are the same .  Although long distance runs will build a great foundation for further endurance training, it is also important to include high-intensity interval training and skills-based conditioning into your workouts.  High-intensity interval training and skill-based cardio (drills) will have a greater impact on the type of stamina that is associated with your sport.

Continue Learning about Cardiovascular Training

Does Slow Exercise Burn More Fat?
Does Slow Exercise Burn More Fat?
You'll find it on virtually every cardio machine at the gym: instructions on how to hit your fat-burning zone. Essentially, it means you get to work o...
Why am I losing muscle even though I'm doing cardio training?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
You’ve probably heard some people say that they were losing muscle and got flabby while they were do...
How long should I do cardio exercises?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
For general health, the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) recommends a total of thirty minu...
Simple Cardio Exercise You Can Do Anywhere