Aerobic conditioning can be intense if you are training for a marathon or triathlon. Measuring the intensity is based on your fitness. If your heart rate works at a higher rate than 85% of your maximum heart rate then it is intense aerobic training. Unfortunately aerobic training can be risky if your mechanics during the training is not right. Overtraining is usually present in endurance athletes. To increase your cardio aerobic conditioning one should do cross training to avoid injuries. Intense training should not be done every day by performing the same exercise. Follow a program and gradually increase your intensity. It is best to wear a heart rate monitor and always stretch before and after.
- Q What is aerobic exercise?
- Q What are the benefits of water aerobics?
- Q Why is light aerobic exercise good for me?
- Q What are examples of aerobic exercise?
- Q What should I know before I try aerobic dance?
- Q What's the difference between aerobic and anaerobic exercise?